Wednesday, August 6, 2014

M's Blog Post


I'll be honest, when we met with an initial person I thought would be a great, my heart broke with disappointment when he said it wasn't for him. He could hardly make eye contact with me or my wife, but kept on smiling and talking.

After that passing moment of disappointment, we smiled together and showed a united front that we appreciated his time and thoughtfulness in telling us in person. His biggest fear- that he would feel obligated to be involved, no matter what we said about it being our baby.  My biggest fear- that that kind of involvement would come true.

It's different for the non carrying lesbian, or as I am: the Butch woman.  For weeks I felt inadequate that I couldn't give my wife the piece of me she deserves. With every day that passes we grow stronger in our marriage and our dedication to our family.

That's when she found this website. Frankly I am flattered and thankful for all the males out there who selflessly do what they can to help couples or women to fulfill their lives with children.
Before this registry I felt lost, like the pool and ability for us to try was shallow and closing.
Then here we are, emphatically and carefully talking about our future, trying hard not to jump the gun and try and do everything.

I feel very fortunate folks. Very, very fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment